THE TITLE OF YOUR BOOK IS A REAL GRABBER—WHAT DO YOU FEEL IT WILL TAKE TO MAKE YOUR BOOK INTO A MOVIE OR TV
yOU SAY Sending yourself a Valentine Card was your first act of self love–explain this..&. how you practiced self acceptance, self nurturing, and self care and turned surviving into thriving. Let’s discuss as Dissociation, an incredible act of courage and ingenuity, not just symptoms of emotional sickness. FILL US IN MORE.
– Freeing oneself from numbness and deadened to passion and expression–that’s what you went through with sexual abuse. Please elaborate…
– When sexual abuse occurs, you are alone with your abuser, creating a unique kind of “aloneness”. One that is dark and sinister. You then become a prisoner of secrecy which further isolates you. Fill us in on more of what you’re saying here.
– Telling is the first step in healing. If you don’t tell, you continue to live in silence, alone, with your abuser…tell us more about the healing process.
– Recovery is painful and hard but without it you continue to live in its effects, symptoms that are not you… your survival, not your sickness. What should
victims of sexual abuse moreabout in the way of their recovery.
– The only way out is through. Only through willingness to seek your own truth can you become free to be yourself. Add more, please, on all of this advice.
– Sexual abuse has long tentacles. Know that it is not in the past but alive in the present, permeating all aspects of your life. Is sexual abuse more prevalent
today than say 20 years ago? Are more of us talking about it more than our parents or grandparents did?
– You need to embrace your story… the good and the bad, fill in the pieces of yourself trapped in your survival, and let your inner abused child speak out. Feel the pain, stop holding your breath breathe in fresh air.
– You say you Remember you lived the worst of it as a child and survived. You sayYou can live freely once again and become who you were meant to be. What other advice do you have?
– How can our listeners obtain your book? What is your website? ARE YOU AVAILABLE FOR SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS?