Older drivers aren’t giving up their right to drive, which begs the question; should there be unified statewide testing across the board for drivers over the age of 65?
Jennifer FitzPatrick, Generations Expert, Gerontologist and Author of “Cruising Through Caregiving: Reducing The Stress of Caring For Your Loved One” touches on the delicate task of talking to seniors about no longer driving.
She helps us to understand the loss of freedom and independence that seniors feel when they can no longer drive. She also offers different transportation options for seniors so that they aren’t solely reliable on a caregiver to get them where they need to go.
* What is the best way to approach this topic with our aging parents?
* Should we retest older drivers and if so, at what age should they be retested?
* Should car insurance rates drastically increase for older drivers as they do for teenage drivers?
* What made you become an advocate for the senior community?
Meet Jennifer FitzPatrick:
* As Seen on ABC, Reader’s Digest, U.S. News, Forbes, The Chicago Tribune and Many more….
* Founder of Jenerations Health Education
* Consultant on Age Diversity, Older Customers, Caregiving & Dementia
* Gerontology Instructor at Johns Hopkins University
* Certified Speaking Professional
* Generations Expert and Gerontologist
* Author of “Cruising Through Caregiving: Reducing the Stress of Caring For Your Loved One”