Parenting the Parent
Jennifer FitzPatrick, Generations Expert, Gerontologist and Author of “Cruising Through Caregiving: Reducing The Stress of Caring For Your Loved One” shares her ideas of how to cope when caring for a loved one.
Many are familiar with the challenges faced by working moms, but the troubles of women with aging parents are unseen and widely ignored.
For America’s working moms, there is pretty much an endless stream of resources to guide and comfort them on how to tell the boss they’re pregnant or how to split the chores at home. They can read all day and all night about the many stresses of working motherhood including pregnancy discrimination, the wage gap, the mommy wars, leaning in, and opting out. But for America’s working daughters, there is little to help them navigate between their careers and the needs of their aging parents. How do they cope?
* What are the financial responsibilities?
* When do we know it’s time to put a loved one in a care facility?
* What made you become an advocate for the senior community?
Meet Jennifer FitzPatrick:
* As Seen on ABC, Reader’s Digest, U.S. News, Forbes, The Chicago Tribune and Many more….
* Founder of Jenerations Health Education
* Consultant on Age Diversity, Older Customers, Caregiving & Dementia
* Gerontology Instructor at Johns Hopkins University
* Certified Speaking Professional
* Generations Expert and Gerontologist
* Author of “Cruising Through Caregiving: Reducing the Stress of Caring For Your Loved One”